Clinics & Services
Chronic Disease Management
The doctors and nurse practitioner offer routine checks, education and advice for the following:
- Blood Samples
- Cervical Smears
- Contraceptive services - a full range of services is available during surgery hours from the doctors and the practice nurse. We do not fit IUCDs (coils) but Dr McKay and Dr Lalloo fit and remove Nexplanon implants. We can also provide emergency contraception up to 72 hours after unprotected intercourse.
- Child Health Surveillance & Immunisations - children under 5 will be invited to attend for the recommended programme of pre-school checks with the health visitors.
- Health Promotion - including advice on losing weight, stopping smoking and exercise.
- Joint & Soft Tissue Injections - Dr McKay provides steroid injections to soft tissue conditions e.g. Tennis Elbow and to joints e.g. knee joint.
- Maternity Services - are run by the community midwifery team. Antenatal and parent craft classes are held at the practice and Leith CTC.
- Minor Injuries - can be assessed at both the Western General Hospital and Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh minor injuries unit. Click Here
- Minor Surgery - Dr McKay provides minor surgical procedures under local anaesthetic.
- Suture Removal
- Vaccinations and Immunisations - excluding travel
- Warfarin Monitoring
- Seafarers Medical Examinations - Dr McKay & Dr Lalloo carry out private seafarers medical exams including ENG1, OGUK (Offshore) and Danish medicals.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
The information contained on this page is only for patients who have been directed to this service by clinical and admin staff at the practice.
If you have high blood pressure and would be interested in this home monitoring service please contact the practice.
Please find the forms below for the Florence home monitoring blood pressure system:
Patient Opt-In Form
Patient Information Leaflet