CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) Practice Information
NHS Lothian – English: What you need to know about COVID vaccinations from NHS Lothian on Vimeo.
We remain available for both routine and urgent care during the COVID19 pandemic. However, we have had to make some changes to the way we provide services to protect patients and staff:
- If you are concerned you may have symptoms of COVID19 (Fever, New Persistent Cough, Shortness of Breath, Cold symptoms e.g blocked nose) please book a PCR test via NHS Inform. If you have a confirmed case of COVID-19, please follow self care advice available on NHS Inform. If you are severely unwell and need medical attention please contact the practice or in an emergency dial 999. Out of hours, patients should continue to contact NHS24 on 111 for advice.
- All our appointments are now by telephone initially and patients will be seen subsequently at the practice only if required. Please phone our patient advisors on 0131 465 2950 to book a telephone appointment; we have morning or afternoon appointments but cannot give you an exact time. Most things can wait for the next available routine slot, however, if you feel your problem is very urgent please let the advisor know. The advisor will ask for a brief description of your problem to allow them to best deal with it, thank you for providing this. We are not accepting bookings at the reception desk, so please call us instead. These measures are in place to protect our staff and our vulnerable patients. We are grateful for your understanding and patience.
- Please DO NOT come to the practice unless we have asked you to come. We have a closed door policy and we are only seeing patients face to face if necessary for an examination or nursing procedure. This policy is in place to help protect our staff and the few patients who are required to attend the surgery. Please respect this policy and contact us by phone only for the time being.
- Please DO NOT come to the surgery with requests for repeat medication. Requests can be made by telephoning the practice on 0131 465 2950, using our Clinical email [Clinical.email@example.com] or our online service. If you are not yet signed up to our online service or would like more information about this please contact the practice and reception staff will be able to help you with this. We also have our prescription order box situated at the reception desk on the ground floor of LCTC. Please indicate with your request which chemist you use, and we would be happy to send it there for you to collect.
- Please wear a face covering over your nose and mouth if you have been asked to attend the practice and attend your appointment alone (with the exemption of patients who require a carer). Children aged over 6 months should be accompanied by 1 parent only.
We are not testing for Corona Virus at the Practice.
Please visit NHS Inform - Getting Tested for information on how to arrange a test.
Across Lothian, vaccination of the following groups of people is taking place at GP Practices:
- People over 80 years of age
- People aged 75-79
- People who are clinically extremely vulnerable (shielding)
Invitations to mass vaccination centres are being administered nationally and are separate from the GP programme.
NHS Lothian are now running drop-in vaccination clinics across the city.
Please follow the link below for all up to date information regarding drop in clinics:
COVID Vaccine Drop-In Clinics
For more information about the vaccination programme please see:
NHS Lothian’s Vaccine Hub on their website
Proof of vaccination status:
If you are travelling abroad you may be asked to provide proof of covid vaccination. You can request this information online using the link below. The surgery will not be providing vaccination letters.
Following the regulation put in to place on 9th July regarding the requirement to wear face coverings, the practice has had numerous patients requesting letters of exemption. The practice will NOT be providing these letters to patients as there is no legal requirement for individuals to provide this however exemption cards can be applied for using the following link: Face Covering Exemption
Further COVID-19 Resources